Terms of Agreement
At any given time, Guide Service Denmark's Danish version of the Terms and Conditions applies.
Rates are found under each provider's individual profile.
Below all tour descriptions is stated which guides are qualified for the tour as well as their rates.
Guides are booked on an hourly basis.
Tour managers are booked for at least two consecutive days, full board, lodging included, insurance etc.
If in doubt see our definition on the differences between local guides and tour managers
Shortcuts to the different sections of the Terms of Agreement:
- General provisions
- Guide Service Denmark acts as an intermediary
- Entering into agreement
- Rates – ordinary as well as last minute bookings
- Preferred Partner Benefits
- Special terms pertaining consumers
- Future bookings
- Special terms pertaining running guides or bicycle guides
- Special terms pertaining tours in canoes or kayaks
- Laws and jurisdiction
Terms of Agreement
1. General provisions
- The currently valid Terms of Agreement regulate all contracts between Guide Service Denmark, cvr.-nr. 31405467, and the customer.
- Updated and applicable terms can be found on Guide Service Denmark's website. When these Terms of Agreement are translated into other languages and should doubt about the interpretation arise, the Danish version is authoritative.
- "Provider" means the person, who is booked by a customer, either as a tour guide, a tour manager or a lecturer.
Guide Service Denmark acts as an intermediary
- In regard to the delivery of the services agreed upon, Guide Service Denmark cannot be held liable but is solely an intermediary between the customer and the responsible provider.
- Before entering into any agreement, the customer must accept Guide Service Denmark's Terms of Agreement and the customer is encouraged to review them thoroughly.
- The assignment will be executed upon reception of the deposit.
- The contract is final and in force when Guide Service Denmark forwards the contact information to the customer on behalf of the provider.
- The customer is solely responsible for ensuring that any information the customer supplies is correct. Guide Service Denmark does not check or validate information received.
- Price list
- Guide booking DKK 44 excl. VAT (DKK 55 incl. VAT).
- Tour manager booking DKK 124 excl. VAT (DKK 155 incl. VAT).
- Lecturer booking DKK 124 excl. VAT (DKK 155 incl. VAT).
- A deposit of DKK 500 per booking. 500/booking. If Guide Service Denmark can't find a qualified guide/tour manager/lecturer, the deposit will be refunded. If the customer cancels the assignment, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Fee for planning, inquiries and preparation of offers after agreement between customer and Guide Service Denmark is DKK 350 excl. VAT (DKK 437,5 incl. VAT) That is, if Guide Service Denmark's office is to carry out the task.
Fee for planning, inquiries and preparation of offers according by agreement between customer and advertiser - see price for each advertiser. That, is where the individual guide, tour guide or lecturer is to carry out the task.
- Entry fee, amendment fee and additional purchases (e.g. entrances and tickets) are invoiced with an administration fee of minimum DKK 250 excl. VAT. (DKK 312,50 incl. VAT) per commenced hour, if Guide Service Denmark is responsible for doing the task entry.
– The entry fee is waived (free) if the customer enters the task.
– The change fee is for changes after the booking confirmation has been sent.
- Urgent assignments always carry a fee of no less than DKK 1,200 excl. VAT (DKK 1,500 incl. VAT) for the first hour and DKK 550 excl. VAT (DKK 687,5 incl. VAT) for subsequent hours.
Urgent assignement fee also applies should Guide Service Denmark not succeed in supplying a suitable provider. Examples of urgent assignments:
- For local guides four (4) days before the guide assignment begins.
- For tour managers twelve (12) days before the guide assignment begins.
- Lecturer assignments less than twelve (12) days before the lecture is to be performed.
- Advertisers' prices appear on their personal profiles on the website.
- EAN fee (only if the customer needs an EAN invoice (typically public institutions)) DKK 125 excl. VAT (DKK 156,25 incl. VAT)..
- Any launched assignment will be charged to the customer according to the extent of completion. If the customer does not book one of the proposed advertisers, Guide Service Denmark keeps the deposit, administration fee and can charge a fee for agreed planning. In case Guide Service Denmark does not succeed in finding a suitable provider, the deposit will be reimbursed and no rate is paid to the advertiser.
5. Preferred Partner Benefits
When an agency commits to exclusively book all its tour guides or tour managers throughout Denmark with Guide Service Denmark you become a Preferred Partner.
In each calendar year, Preferred Partners commit to either:
- Bookings of guides for assignments in Denmark for DKK 40,000. Thereafter, a 5% discount is granted on the remainder of the calendar year's completed guide assignments.
- Bookings of tour managers for assignments with Danish guests or assignments in Denmark for DKK 850,000. Thereafter, a 5% discount is granted on the remainder of the calendar year's completed tour manager assignments.
If the Preferred Partner agreement include bookings of both guides and tour managers the minimum is DKK 875,000, after which a 5 % discount is given on the rest of the completed assignments of the calendar year.
The Preferred Partner agreement must be separately made in writing between the customer/travel agency and Guide Service Denmark and will apply for any future bookings. Termination must be done in writing with a 30 days' notice.
- Entering an agreement as Preferred Partner Guide Service Denmark offers to cooperate all the guides and tour managers currently employed by the Preferred Partner. If required (by the Preferred Partner) present guides/tour managers employed by the Preferred Partner will get priority acces to any future assignments from the Preferred Partner.
- With Preferred Partner bookings at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of the assignment, Guide Service Denmark commits to finding the required local guides .
- Guide Service Denmark for undertakes to book tour managers for all the Preferred Partner's trips when they are booked at least twelve (12) weeks before the settlement date.
- Preferred Partners has the option of making fixed-price agreements - however this will annull the discount in section 5.5, 5.6 and 5.8.
- Advantage customers do not pay a deposit.
- Advantage customers do not pay administration fee.
- Advantage customers do not pay cancellation fee for guides in case of cancellation more than 48 hours before the assignment and for the tour managers more than 14 days before the assignment. In case of later cancellations, the full rate must be paid.
- Preferred Partners gets a 50 % discount on urgent assignments fee - see section 4.7.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing to Guide Service Denmark.
- In the event of cancellation by the customer, Guide Service Denmark retains the deposit and administration fee charged.
- If a customer cancels an assignment with at least four (4) weeks' notice, the provider assigned is not entitled to a rate.
- The guides are entitled to 50 % of their rates if a customer cancels an assignment with at least two (2) weeks' notice. For cancellations with shorter notice the provider is entitled to the full rate.
- The tour managers and lecturers are entitled to 50 % of their fee if a customer cancels an assignment within at least three (3) weeks notice. For cancellations with shorter notice the provider is entitled to the full rate.
- In the event of cancellation by an advertiser, the advertiser is obliged to provide a replacement.
7. Special terms pertaining consumers
- According to the Danish law "Forbrugeraftaleloven" ("The Consumer Contracts Act") § 18 subsection 2, booking of providers is not covered by right of regrets, therefore only section 6 in this document applies.
This means that if you book a guide, tour manager or lecturer, the purchase cannot be cancelled with a claim for a full refund once the assignment has begun.
- Complaints are handled according to Danish law. This means that any timely and justified complaint will entitle the customer to a price reduction.
- Any future booking of or contact with a provider from our platform must go officially through Guide Service Denmark.
- In case of breach by a trader, a penalty of DKK 8.000,- per violation is due.
- This applies for three (3) years after the customer's lastest booking of the provider.
9. Special terms pertaining running guides or bicycle guides
- The customer carry full responsibility for the participants safety and can never hold Guide Service Denmark or the guide liable for accidents, illness or other consequences of the running or cycling tour.
- Running speed is stated in the route description. The guide has the right to refuse any participants who can not keep up. This does not constitute just cause for seeking compensation.
- The particpants are responsible for complying with traffic laws, must adapt to other circumstances and show consideration towards other road users.
- Participants are responsible for bringing food, drinks or other relevant supplies themselves.
10. Special terms pertaining tours in canoes or kayaks
- In case of bad weather such as a thunderstorm, or wind speeds averaging 8 m/s or above, the trip will be canceled and the customer will receive a full refund.
- The customer is fully responsible for the participants safety and can under no circumstances hold either Guide Service Denmark or the provider liable for accidents, illness or unwanted consequences of the canoe or kayak trip.
- Guide Service Denmark can not be held liable for any shortcomings pertaining the booked assignment, which is a matter between the customer and the assigned provider.
- Guide Service Denmark handles any claim for compensation against the provider on behalf of the customer and will handle reimbursements whether partial or in full.
- Should there be a complaint Guide Service Denmark might ask the Danish "Pakkerejseankenævnet" ("Package Travel Appeal Board") for qualified advice.
- Guide Service Denmark shall not be held liable for delayed or flawed service if this is due to force majeure and this can be reasonably pleaded.
- Force Majeure is understood as any cause that is beyond the control of Guide Service Denmark and that could not have been anticipated, e.g. earthquake, civil war, epidemics or unrest, tsunamis and the like.
- Guide Service Denmark remains without liability if it can be shown, that fulfilling an obligation would constitute an unreasonable burden.
- Any disagreement arising from the Terms of Agreement or any other contractual relationship between the parties must be dealt with according to Danish law, with changes that appear in the parties' basis of agreement.
- The Court in Odense is the place of jurisdiction for any legal disagreement.
Any questions can be adressed to:
Guide Service Denmark by/ Mette Berrig
5000 Odense C
Telephone: +45 4156 2859