- Price per group from 1.600 to 2.000 DKK(afhængig af guide/antal) // Antal deltagere ?>
- Maximum 25 participants // Varighed ?>
- Duration 2 hours // Turvarighed ?>
- Distance 5 Km. // Tur type ?>
- Type City walk // Møde sted ?>
- Meeting point Slotsholmen // Slutsted ?>
- Tour ends Den jødiske kirkegård
- Takes place in this country Denmark
This city walk of Copenhagen will tell the story of the Jewish community in Denmark.
Prohibited the entry to Denmark with the reformation of the Danish church in 1536, under King Christian the III the Jews were gradually allowed to settle in Denmark in 17th century during the reign of King Christian the IV.
We will see Slotsholmen, taking the time to discuss the history of Christianborg, the Danish Parliament and the Danish Monarchy. One of the main attractions of the tour is the Jewish Museum Mizva situated on the island. We will talk about the story that the museum tells its visitors and the message that holds its interior design.
From there we will proceed to Copenhagen's Synagoge, and will talk about the history and the architecture of the building as well as about the life of the Jewish community nowadays. We will visit the Jewish cemetery on Nørrebro and discuss the story of the Jewish community in Denmark during the Second World War.